Dell Precision 5510 External Monitor Freezes with UD-ULTCDL

Dell Precision 5510, i7-6820HQ, 16 GB RAM, Win7 Pro(64-bit), Plugable drivers installed on 9/14/2016 (latest available)
One external monitor connected to the HDMI (2k) or DVI (via DVI-HDMI adapter) freezes repeatedly. Other monitor on the HDMI (4k) remains functional. Plug cycling the USB-C on the host computer alone doesn’t solve the problem. Disconnecting the USB-C, power cycling the UD-ULTCDL, and reconnecting USB-C fixes the problem…until it happens again later. Help please. Purchased the Plugable UD-ULTCDL after throwing the Dell TB15 in the trash after 6 months of laughable lack of functionality and lack of support from the manufacturer. Hope I’m not repeating that same process again here.

I have this same problem on my Dell Precision 5510.

UD-ULTCDL is up to date (check Feb 6 2017)
BIOS and drivers on the Laptop are up to date as of Feb 2017

One display lock up DEAD. Other display continues to work OK.

(I tried completely disabling my WiFi adapter from Device Manager and it still froze up.

Hello Andy,

Sorry to hear you are having a similar issue and sorry for our delayed reply. Please contact me directly at support@plugable.com and run our diagnostic tool so that I may assist you:

Please plug the dock into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Thanks,
Josh