Hi, I have been using a Plugable UD 3900 with a HP Elitebook for several months with no issues, had connected to the dock via USB. Got a Dell Latitude 5420 and trying to do the same setup, i.e. connect to the dock via the USB on the Dell, however it’s not working, I get nop display, though the k/b and mouse are working fine which are connected via teh Plugable dock. Are there any issues with hooking up a Dell Latitude 5420 to UD 3900? Appreciate any help to resolve this, I am stuck right now…
Thanks for contacting Plugable support! I’m sorry to hear about this display issue through your Plugable dock, but I’d be happy to help!
The first step we’ll want to take is to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state by reinstalling the DisplayLink software and running the DisplayLink cleaner tool.
To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot your computer (even if not prompted to)
- Download and install the 10.2 M0 DisplayLink software (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows10.2+M0-EXE.exe)
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect the dock to your system
Please let me know if these steps help.
Thanks for giving us a chance to help!
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.