Dell Laptop wont auto start when connected to Plugable Dock

I’m using a Dell Latitude 7440 laptop connecting to a Plugable TBT3-UDZ dock. I am using this as a replacement for a Dell WD-19 Thunderbolt dock. I’m finding the laptop will not auto start when connected to the Plugable dock. Thunderbolt boot support is enabled in the BIOS. Was wondering if this is a common problem, and if there is a quick solution. Thanks.

Hello Sean,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

When you refer to “auto start” can you elaborate what you mean by this? If I were to guess, you would like for your computer to turn on automatically when plugging into the dock? If so, unfortunately this is not possible with our docks, that ability is only available for Dell docks with their own computers.

The “Thunderbolt Boot Support” option is to allow the dock to be function at boot time in BIOS, not to boot up the computer when a Thunderbolt device is attached.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Hi Joshua,

That’s exactly what I was referring to by auto start. Sad that your docks do not offer this. I appreciate the quick response. Have a fantastic day!

Sean Kelliher

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.