Dell Inspiron13 7373 with Dell Ultrasharp 2414H

I have a UD-CA1 USB-C docking station plugged into Dell Inspiron 7373 driving a single external monitor (Dell U2414H) via the HDMI port. Everything works great most of the time, but I am getting more and more video slowdowns or blanking out screens. Shoes up a lot playing MS Spider Solitare and when using Sketchup Make. This is only two weeks old - do I need a driver update?

Hello Greg, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior and I will be happy to help.

Have the screen slowdowns/disconnection always happened or is this a more recent issue that has developed as you’ve used the dock for two weeks?

Is the connection to your monitor stable when you connect it to the HDMI port located on your Dell 7373? I only ask in order to temporarily remove our dock from the equation and narrow the behavior down a little bit more.

There are no device specific drivers required for our dock as it relies on technology and the accompanying drivers already loaded on the system. There may be updates we can advise to try here, but we will determine this as troubleshooting continues.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support