Debian 9 support for UGA-165

Hello,

Is the UGA-165 supports debian 9?

It is not a problem for me if I need to install some .deb or dependencies or configure some files as long as I have a documentation or support to install the device on my Debian 9.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

sushi

Hi,

Thanks for your interest! We support Linux on our products whenever possible. (Plugable’s founder has even submitted driver code over the years.) Unfortunately USB graphics support in Linux hasn’t reached the point where we can recommend this combination. We’re hoping that will change as development continues, and we’ll certainly update our product listings to reflect this change if and when things get to the point where we can recommend it with confidence.

To expand further, while DisplayLink (the separate company that makes the primary chip in those products and authors the drivers) have released drivers for Ubuntu Linux here ( https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/ubuntu ) the performance in some cases is not on par with that on the Windows platform. To help prevent customer frustration, we don’t claim support for Linux. Additional to performance problems in Linux we have seen compatibility issues with various graphics drivers, desktop Windows Managers, and other software compatibility problems.

Given all the above, I am afraid I would not recommend you purchase any of our DisplayLink-based products if compatibility with Linux is a requirement. Apologies if that sounds overly negative, but we like to set honest expectations up front to help prevent frustration later on.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

It sounds like the device can work on Linux but not perfectly.

If I buy the UGA-165 and if it does not work at all, it is possible to have a refund?

Regards,

sushi

Hi Sushi,

We do offer a 30 day return period on all of our products sold through Amazon. Please note, Debian is not specifically supported by the DisplayLink driver and may not function at all, we do not support this configuration. I recommend against purchasing the adapter for use with Linux.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Sushi,

We’re closing this thread, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,