Cursor Jumps across screen

I have a Lenovo Yoga S3 running Windows 8. It is attached to a 24" Viewsonic display with the lid closed. I’m using a Logitech wireless / kb mouse combo. The cursor constantly “jumps” from the left to a certain area on the center / right of the screen. I tried a wired keyboard and mouse combo and it still does the same thing.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting. This is a very strange issue - curious to help get to the bottom of it.

In most cases when there’s a jumpy mouse it’s a wireless interference issue, though that certainly isn’t the case here if the wired devices are behaving the same way.

Can you please run our log-gathering tool from the link below and email the .ZIP file it creates to support@plugable.com (Subject: Ticket #84709) so we can have a look?:
http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Also, can you please test with the laptop lid open so we can confirm whether the issue only happens when the lid is closed?

Thanks!
Gary

Wired keyboard and mouse have the same problem. Keeping the lid open fixed the problem! Is there a work around so we can keep the lid closed? Should I still submit a log file?

Thanks

Hi Jason,

Yes, please send over a log file and we’ll have a look to see what the best approach will be.

Thanks!
Gary