Cursor flickering with Plugable 3.0

Hi all,

I got the Plugable 3.0 connected to a lenovo laptop and a Dell Pavilion desktop PC. Both are running Windows 10 as OS but when I swap the USB connection from the Lenovo to the Dell the cursor starts flickering. Any idea how I could solve this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Nils,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help!

Can you let me know exactly which Plugable product you are using? I’m guessing one of our USB video adapters or docking stations but I’d like to make sure which specific device is being used.

Pending that information, I’m not quite sure I understand the sequence of events based on your description. Can you provide some additional detail about what actions you are taking and the resulting symptoms?

Let us know the additional information when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Bob,

Sure I can. I am using the Plugable UD-3000 Single Display Universal Docking Station (http://plugable.com/products/ud-3000).

With regards to the sequence of events:

The setup is the following, I’ve got one HP Pavilion desktop PC and one Levnono ultrabook which I am using with the dockingstation. To switch between the two I am simply unplugging the USB 3.0 cable connected to the dockingstation and connecting it to the other device. So keyboard, mouse, other external drives and the DVI cable stay connected to the dockingstation all the time. I am just exchaging the device plugged on to the dockingstation via USB 3.0 cable. This works totally fine for the Lenovo ultrabook but when I connect the HP Pavilion desktop PC the cursor starts flickering and won’t stop until I connect the DVI cable (usually plugged in to the docukingstation) and connect it directly with the HP desktop DVI slot on the back of the PC.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer. Please let me know if you require further information.

Cheers

Nils

Hi Nils,

Thanks for getting back with the additional information. Given your results that the behavior is isolated to the HP we know the dock itself is working properly and know to focus on the software side of things on the HP. The next step is to have you keep everything connected to the HP system and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 126032’ in the subject line as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Just send us the file when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob