Crashing Computer Creates Chaos

Computer - laptop - suddenly power’s down or completely crashes. Only when connect to docking client usb 2.0.

Hi Kris,

Thanks for posting your question here on our support forum, we’ll be happy to help. I’m sorry to hear about the crashes and the chaos that they cause! I’ll need a little more information to be able to troubleshoot effectively.

Please send in your Amazon Order Id along with the make and model of the computer you have to support@plugable.com and we’ll figure out the best steps to get you up and running at the earliest.

In the meantime, if you have ever installed USB graphics products from other vendors, uninstall their drivers and then reconnect your Plugable Docking Station.

Also, try putting a powered hub in between the Docking Station and the computer. Even though the Docking Station shouldn’t be able to draw enough power to crash the computer, a powered hub will isolate the computer from the hub by providing it’s own 5 volt source.

Let me know what you find, and once we get your order id and machine make and model we’ll get our best steps figured out.

Thanks,
Jerome.