Could Plugable Power supply cause circuit breaker to trip

Recently, the circuit breaker for my home office has been tripping when I am using my computer.
I have gone through an elimination process and the only thing that is left on the list is the power supply to my docking station.
Has anyone experienced this?

Hi Niels,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry to hear about the unexpected behavior when the UD-ULTCDL is plugged in.

Usually circuit breakers can trip for a few different reasons including a ground fault surge, a short circuit, or the circuit becoming overloaded. It is possible that a faulty with the power supply or the UD-ULTCDL could be causing the circuit breaker to trip though. There’s a couple tests you can try to help isolate the cause of the issue:

Does the circuit breaker trip if you plug the UD-ULTCDL into an outlet on a different circuit? If the circuit breaker doesn’t trip when the dock/power adapter is plugged into another circuit then there could be an issue with the original circuit and it may be best to consult an electrician.

However, if the same issue happens on a different circuit, that would point to the dock or its power adapter as the cause of the problem. To help determine if the issue is with the power adapter only or the entire dock can you please check if the circuit breaker trips when only the power adapter is plugged in without the UD-ULTCDL connected?

In the case that you find that the dock or power adapter is the issue we’d like to send you a pretested replacement right away. To start that process can you please send an email to our direct support email address (support@plugable.com) with “For ticket # 415680” in the subject line? In the email please include:

• The Amazon/Walmart/Newegg/eBay order number for the purchase of the UD-ULTCDL. If you bought it from Amazon you can find it here: www.amazon.com/orders
  • Your full shipping information including the name off the package recipient
  • If you’re outside of the United States, a phone number (only to be used by the shipping carrier if needed)

** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) **

My apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.