COPYING METHODS DUAL DRIVES TO A LAPTOP

I have two drives on my old computer. In order to transfer the contents of both drives do I (1) synchronise with all boxes checked (will this synchronize both old drives to new?? OR (2) transfer data files and settings on each drive “seperately” [it says there is only the one drive to copy over option or maybe I can check both drives atnthyensame time??]

Hi Simon,

Thank you for posting your question about using the Bravura Easy Computer Sync software with our Windows Easy Transfer cable.

I would recommend clicking “Transfer Data to a New Computer” on your old computer in the Tools window that comes up after the connection is detected, then do the following:

1. Click “This is my Old Computer” and wait a moment while it scans your folders.

2. On the “Select items to transfer window,” Click the “+” next to My Computer, then next to each drive you want to transfer Data from.

3. For each drive, folders other than the standard Windows user folders will be shown (they are at the top under your user name.

4. For each folder you want to transfer, highlight and click the properties button below. There you can click “Change” to specify where you want that folder to be transferred. The default is the root of the system (usually C:) drive on your new computer, but you can specify anywhere.

5. If you want to save it in one of the User folders on your new computer, such as Documents or Desktop, in the Select Folder screen that comes up after your click “Change,” click “Show Protected Folders” then click Yes. Those folders will be under Users\ .

6. After selecting and unselecting other folders as desired, click Next to make the transfer.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions or any problems.

Thank you,

David
Plugable Support