Connections

I just received the Pluggable USB 3.0 Docking Station. I have 2 AOC CQ27G1 27" monitors that only have HDMI ports. The Docking Station has 1 HDMI and one Female DVI port. Can you please recommend the adapter needed for connection to 2nd monitor? The adapter that came with the docking port has a different pin configuration than those pictured on internet. Just want to make sure I purchase right type of adapter. Thanks.

Thanks for posting! We’ve recently transitioned to including a DVI to HDMI adapter with the UD-3900, but not all units in the distribution channel have these units just yet. At your convenience, could you please email support@plugable.com with your order number and shipping address? Once we have those details we’ll arrange to send a courtesy adapter your way.

Thanks,
Gary

I have sent a separate email with information you requested.

Looking forward to receiving adapter. Thanks for your help.

Continuing the discussion from Connections:

Need some advice on a suitable Plugable Product I wish to buy

Am working from home with the following laptops:

1. Asus X351C with USB 3.0 ports ( Personal laptops)
  2. Dell Precision 7730 ( Customized) with a USB 3.0, and 2X USB C ports ( 2X) ( Workplace Lap top)
    At my workplace my work computer is connected via a two point USB C connection.

Both lap tops have individual power supplies. I use a single monitor ( DELL)
When I switch lap tops I currently transfer the ethernet cables, HDMI and use a very basic hub to retain the keyboard and mouse wireless dongles.
A time consuming task !
My personal lap top is used for emails and browsing only. The workplace lap top is an engineering lap top used for a variety of work including
Heavy duty CAD modelling, simulations, video capture and graphics.

I need to buy a Plugable dock that will allow me to switch lap tops by transferring a single cable while keeping the laptops powered up as is.

Question 1: Should I use a USB C with a USB 3.0 adapter as the host connection or should I use a USB 3.0 host connection for both laptops?
Question 2: Is there a Plugable product that will also read SD cards?

Thanks for your support