Connection issues

I have installed software on windows 7 and 8.1. Connected the cable to both computers. I now have a message waiting for connection on both computers. I’ve tried all ports on both computers. What is the problem?

Hi Rae,

Thank you for posting your question here. I’m sorry to hear you are having connection issues. Fortunately, they are usually solvable.

The most common reason for connection issues is antivirus programs blocking the connection. We’ll want to investigate which antivirus/security/firewall programs are installed on the systems, and see if we can temporarily disable them, as they might be blocking the connection.

In the taskbar/notification area (down by the clock), there should be an icon for the security software. Once we’ve found the icon, we’ll want to right-click it, and see if there’s an option along the lines of “Disable Firewall” or “Disable Protection”. If given the option of how long to disable protection, choose “Until System Restart” so that it doesn’t turn itself back on in the middle of the transfer.

The steps are a bit different depending on which antivirus you are using, so if you’re unable to find a way to disable it, please let me know the name of the antivirus software on each system and I’ll see if I can find any additional specific instructions to temporarily disable things.

Please let me know if this helps. If not, we can take a deeper look at what is going on.

Thanks!
David
Plugable Support