Connecting UD-ULTC4K USB-C to Surface Pro 6 USB port

I am a longtime use of USB 3.0 docking station. I bought a new UD-ULTC4K and i cannot connect the USB-C cable to my Surface Pro 6 which has only USB port. What is the solution?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that.

One important thing to keep in mind is that docking stations like the UD-ULTC4K do require that the host computer has a USB-C port that supports both DisplayPort Alt Mode and Power Delivery in order for the docking station to fully function.

It is possible to use a USB Type-A to USB-C adapter to. use this type of docking station with this laptop. However, we would not expect Display 1 or the ability to charge the laptop through the docking station to function. This is because these features are not supported with USB 3.0 or USB Type-A connections.

I would be happy to discuss other options for achieving three displays with this laptop, but if it is working for now and you are expecting to get a new host. computer in the future, it may be worth keeping this docking station. so that it could work effectively with three displays on a compatible host.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you for giving us a chance to help.

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.