Connecting to QuietComfort 35 II

I just purchased Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones and a Plugable Bluetooth USB adapter. I have a Win 7 system with no other Bluetooth drivers. I am a bit confused about the exact sequence I need to follow to get everything installed properly and connected. Does the comment that I found about using an different driver for the older QuietComfort 35 still apply to the 35 II?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting. We haven’t had a chance to test with the QC 35 II yet (no one here owns them!) so I can’t say for sure, but we suspect the same issue with Windows 7 exists, since both headphones use BLE to connect to the same mobile app.

The driver we recommend for the QC 35 is actually an older driver that ignores the BLE component and thereby avoids that problem in Windows 7. If it turns out not to be necessary, you can always upgrade to the later version. It is easier to do that then to remove the newer version so that you can install the older one.

When you have your headphones and adapter, I recommend installing this version:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…

If possible, connect your headphones to the Windows 7 computer before connecting to any other devices or installing the Bose App. It should connect without problems. If not, please let me know.

Thanks!
David
Plugable Support

I’m going to close this thread. If you have any other questions or issues, please contact us at support@plugable.com or start a new thread. Thanks!