Connecting my LG OLED TV with PLUGABLE TBT docking station

Hello

Recently I acquired a MacBook Pro 13" 2017 nTB laptop. My question is if I purchase PLUGABLE TBT3-UD1-83 THUNDERBOLTTM 3 DOCKING STATION and I want to connect it to my LG OLED TV what cable or adaptor I will need to purchase extra?
Do I have to purchase PLUGABLE USB 3.1 TYPE-C TO HDMI 2.0 CABLE and connect it to the dock and then to my LG OLED TV? Or I can use the existing DisplayPort and buy adaptor or cable to connect it to my OLED TV. I have to get 4K 60Hz connection. Thank you for your reply.

Hello Yuri, thanks for posting. We also received an email from you to our direct support email address at support@plugable.com and we will want to keep all communication to that email thread.

For others who may come across this thread, I would expect our USBC-HDMI-CABLE, USBC-HDMI adapter and DP-HDMI adapter to work with the LG 4K TV (model number OLED55B6P) when connected to our TBT3-UD1-83 dock. If interested in our USBC-HDMI adapter or DP-HDMI adapter, please be aware that you will want to ensure that the HDMI cable that you are using is HDMI 2.0 specification to support the bandwidth requirement of 4K@60Hz.

Also, please be aware that our TBT3-UD1-83 dock will not be able to charge the battery of the host computer.

As with other 4K TVs, we have found the need to enable HDMI UHD Deep Color modes within the TV’s menu settings in order to achieve 4K@60Hz.

Thank you,

David W
Plugable Technologies