Connecting Monitors to USB 3.0 7-Port Hub

I purchased the USB 3.0 7-Port Hub (Model: USB3-hub7c) with the goal of linking two monitors to my laptop. I am running a USB 3.0 to HDMI converter cable to each monitor. The USB hub is detecting each monitor as a “USB PnP Sound Device.” I’m running Windows 10 Pro on a brand new HP Laptop. My question is this: is there a configuration issue here or did I simply purchase the wrong product and monitors cannot be linked via this method?

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us via our support forum, as well as directly via email. I did send over a response directly, and I wanted to make sure you received it.

Based on the description of your issue, we may be running into a problem associated with your Display Adapters requiring specific drivers that have not been installed. Would it be possible to obtain a link to the adapters you are utilizing on Amazon, or a manufacturing name or model?

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Justin in order to obtain some additional information so that we could narrow down the issue, but we have not received a response back.

If Justin would like to continue troubleshooting, or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support