Connecting audio via bt4le with Samsung Buds+ & Note 9 & Dell laptop

Trying to connect audio via your bt4le USB adapter one of 2 ways:

1. Directly connect audio to the Samsung Buds+ Bluetooth headset so I can hear audio form my E6420 Dell laptop, running Opensuse Tumbleweed Linux (bluez) in the headset
    …or…
  2. Connect the bt4le to my Note 9 phone’s Bluetooth and listen via the audio through phone’s Bluetooth-connected Buds+ headset?

IDEALLY both?!

When running the wizard on I have successfully connected to my Samsung Note 9 phone’s Bluetooth, but cannot seem to get audio from, e.g. a YouTube video playback?

re Wizard, I can never see anything resembling my Samsung Buds+ headset’s Bluetooth as an option to connect too?

Any clues appreciated.

Hello Hacim,

Thank you for contacting Plugable and welcome to the forums! I’m sorry to hear about the issues with getting the Bluetooth adapter working on Linux for audio.

Unfortunately this is a common problem on Linux. There are multiple open source libraries that need to work in tandem for it to function (BlueZ, Pulseaudio, and oFono), and they often break compatibility with each other. This is part of why we have started disclaiming heavily against using the adapter with Linux in our product materials.

Some issues with Bluetooth in Linux may be resolved by updating BlueZ, and some other Bluetooth-related dependencies in the OS. We do have a guide on how to do this on this link.

Given the issues with Bluetooth in Linux I am not sure if it would be possible to pair with your Note 9 but if you have an update on this please let us know.

Thanks,

Alberto
Product Owner
Plugable Support

1 Like

Is it just me hero? Or is ‘’‘this link’’’ missing from your reply please? thx

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve edited the post to include the link.

https://kb.plugable.com/questions/680389/

Thanks,

Alberto
Product Owner
Plugable Support

1 Like

Kind thx hero…

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.