Connecting 3 monitors to a Mac Mini M2 pro

What do I need to use with a Mac mini M2 pro for 3 monitors?

My monitor inputs are VGA. So I need to go from Type C/ Thunderbolt, to VGA. I also have (1) HDMI output from the computer. I know that you loose the “analog” signal going from HDMI to VGA. So an adapter with a chip has to be used, but I have tried that with no success either.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and allowing us to help!

The Apple Mac mini M2 Pro can support one display with up to 4K resolution at 60 Hz using the HDMI port and up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60 Hz using the Thunderbolt ports. This is noted in their support documentation, which can be found below.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-mini/apd8e4fbbb97/mac

We have a couple of ways we can tackle this. Would you prefer a single solution to support three displays, or are you open to exploring a multi-part solution?

Additionally, I would like to know more about your use case. For example, are you planning to use this system for gaming, streaming content, rendering or editing large media files? Knowing more about your use case can help us narrow down our options.

Thank you,

Adi
Plugable Technologies

I am just using this for a small diesel repair shop. I have already purchased & received the Plugable UD-ULTC 4K. I would like to use it if I can easier? Right now I can only het (2) monitors to work just using the thunderbolt ports from the Mac mini, using thunderbolt to VGA adapters w/ the chip in them. I tried using HDMI to VGA cords from the plugable to the VGA port on the monitors already w/ no success at all already. So at this time, I am only using the Mac Mini to operate (2) screens but 1 screens resoulition is “grainy”.

Hi there,

Based on your input, it sounds like you do not have the required DisplayLink Manager Application installed for that additional display to work through the dock.

The top two display groups labelled “Display 2 & Display 3” on the UD-ULTC4K will require installing the DisplayLink Manager Application as those ports utilize DisplayLink technology. The display group “Display 1” requires DisplayPort Alternate Mode, which is provided by the host computer.

We have a comprehensive guide that will take you through the entire installation process. You can find that in the link provided below. Please let us know if that resolves your issues with the HDMI to VGA display connected to the docking station.

https://kb.plugable.com/questions/1595423

Thank you,

Adi

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.