Connecting 2 thunderbolt 3 docking stations

Hi, I am new to the forum and have a burning question. Can I connect 2 Thunderbolt 3 docking stations? One is a Lenovo Thinkpad and the other one is a Toshiba. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello Rob,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support! I’d be happy to help answer your question.

The amount of docking stations you connect to a laptop as well as the capabilities of those docking stations will be limited to the host laptop and what it can support. For example, the 2021 M1 MacBook Pro with the M1 Max Chip can support up to three additional displays over Thunderbolt, where most Windows Thunderbolt 3 devices can only support a maximum of two additional displays over Thunderbolt 3/4.

This is all to say that the setup is very dependent on the model of laptop you have as well as the capabilities of the docking stations themselves. But as for a Lenovo and Toshiba docking station, we unfortunately cannot speak to their compatibility as we do not support them.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.