Connecting 2 monitors to laptop using Plugable USB 3.0 Docking Station

I have a Dell monitor connected to my Dell laptop, which is the only way the two will interact (VGA cable). I have a second monitor (Acer) that I want to connect to the laptop, using the docking station. The 2nd monitor is connected to the docking station using a DVI cable (at both ends). Then, I connected the laptop to the docking station with an HDMI cable (both ends). The 2nd monitor is not recognized. What do I need to do? The second monitor has only the engaged DVI port and another VGA port - nothing else.
Help!

Additionally, the Acer monitor just states No Signal, no matter which button I push on it. And, the Display Settings on the laptop don’t recognize the 2nd monitor at all, just the Dell one.

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out on our forums. My name is Mychal and I’d be happy to help you with your inquiry.

To confirm, you have the USB cable (USB-A or USB-C) that was included with the docking station connected to your laptop and dock? Connecting just the HDMI will not allow data to be sent to and from the laptop.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Mychal

Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.