Connected but no display M1 MBP via hdmi

Hello, just set up my TBT3-UDZ.

Computer is 2023 MBP Apple M2 connected via Thunderbolt to Pluggable TBT3-UDZ. My monitor is LG WN650 via HDMI. The monitor shows as connected via the MBP display settings, but doesn’t recognize a signal on the monitor directly. I have tried different HDMI ports on Pluggable and Monitor and no avail.

Did I miss something in setup? Thanks!–js

Hello Justin,

Thank you for reaching out on the support forums!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue here.

First, can you confirm that you are using the included Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with the dock? We’ve seen issues when third party cables are used.

Next, I would like to try updating the firmware on the TBT3-UDZ. We are in the process of rolling out a new firmware for the TBT3-UDZ that addresses some display compatibility issues.

To update the firmware, please follow the instructions on our page below:

https://kb.plugable.com/question/1475318

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hey Evan, thanks for the followup. I am using the included cable. Addtionally, I have looked at instructions for firmware. I do not have access to a windows machine to perform the update.

Hello Justin,

Thank you for the response and for trying that, and understandable on the firmware update.

At this point, I’d like to request that you reach out to us directly via email at support@plugable.com. I’d like to request some logs from your device using our PlugDebug diagnostics tool. With everything still attached to the dock (even if it appears to not be working) please follow the instructions on our PlugDebug page and send the ZIP file back to us over email with the subject line, “Ticket #407359” so we can take a look at the logs.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.