Confirmed: UD-CAM works on hackintosh without issues :D

Hi! This is just for anyone that may have this same question and can’t find a proper answer on the internet. I had this question too, as you can see here: http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

I decided to give it a try, and purchased the UD-CAM device from Plugable. Couldn’t be better. Everything works, all the USB ports, the LAN port, and the HDMI output on it. I just had to make some patches on the Mac, as usual with hackintosh when you try something new, but after that, everything works great.

I’m using an ASUS Zenbook UX310UA with MacOS High Sierra installed, and this little device gives me all that I need to use the laptop as a desktop when I want to. So, if you have the same laptop model, and want to use a device like this one, go ahead and purchase the UD-CAM.

Super recommended!

Hi Jorge,

Thank you so much for submitting this information! I am so glad to hear that you were able to find a way to utilize the dock with your Hackintosh system, as well as provide great feedback about how the dock is performing.

We do not support or advise customers utilizing our UD-CAM with a hackintosh system, just due to all of the unknown factors that can occur, but we appreciate your feedback and information.

Please do not hesitate to let us know of any changes, or any hardware related issues we may be able to assist with.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support