configuring serial port adapter

I purchased Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter and installed the driver but my software is not recognizing the device that is connected to it

I know the device device works as I do have an onboard serial port and it will recognize if plugged into that, but not the usb adapter.

How do you configure the driver, or how do you know if it is even working?

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for contacting us, we’ll be happy to help. The first thing to do is download and install the driver. Here’s the link to the latest driver package:

http://plugable.com/drivers/prolific/

Once the drivers are installed you’ll want to start device manager and look under com ports. Make sure that the COM port listed there is the same as what is listed in your software.

Does that help? Let me know what you are seeing after checking your settings in device manager and we’ll figure out our next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.

I had already done that, but I ran a repair install and rebooted. This time I could see it in the device manager and I my device was recognized by my software. (RFID badge timeclock/attendance software)

Hi Robbie,

It sounds like you got it working. Is that correct? Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Jerome.