Hello Nicki - I am sorry to hear about these troubles. Can you please perform a clean DisplayLink driver installation by doing the following:
- Disconnect docking station from the computer and from power
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reconnect the docking station initially into power bypassing the usual surge protector for now plugging it into directly into the wall and then connect it via USB cable to the computer when prompted to do so and test.
Please let me know if this yields any results and if you see the green and blue LED light up on the docking station.