Compatibility with Surface Pro 7

Hi,
I’ve been having issues connecting my UD-CA1 with my new Surface Pro 7. It originally had minor functionality but recent it does not connect at all. Is there a fix or a firmware upgrade available to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Duncan

Hello Duncan, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of that our UD-CA1 dock is not working with your Surface Pro 7 and I will be happy to help.

To set expectations, our UD-CA1 dock had been replaced in 2017/2018 with our UD-CA1A docking station to address compatibility with new systems at that time. Based off of this, it is likely that one of our previous UD-CA1 docks would not be compatible with the Surface Pro 7. There is not a firmware update we can advise to potentially help here.

When the Surface Pro 7 first released our UD-CA1A was not compatible with the UD-CA1A. The issue we had seen was when the system was restarted or wakes from sleep the connected USB devices did not reconnect to the host system. There have been firmware updates for the Surface Pro 7 that has improved this behavior but we have not yet claimed compatibility yet as we continue to validate this.

If you would be interested, I would happy to send you a courtesy replacement UD-CA1A to see if there are improvements with your Surface Pro 7 and to help us further determine compatibility. If interested, please contact our support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 296816’ in the subject line. Please include the Amazon Order ID number for your purchase, the serial number from the bottom of the dock and your preferred shipping address in the body of that email. We will match everything up and proceed from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Duncan, thank you for following up with us directly! I have also sent you an email directly, but we’ve processed the replacement to be sent from an Amazon fulfillment center and you should receive an email once the package has shipped. Amazon is stating an estimated deliver date of March 23rd.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.