Color Differences Between Two Monitors

Hey Plugable,
I’m having the same issue.

http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

This sounds like it will be hard to troubleshoot. Do you have any suggestions?

I am using the Plugable USB C Triple Display Docking Station, both monitors are connected via HDMI.

I just added the second (identical) monitor today, and the new one is noticeably more yellow than the existing one. Color settings on both are identical.

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Due to the two HDMI outputs being driven by slightly different technologies (DisplayLink vs USB-C Alternate Mode), some difference in the output is possible, though it’s usually not a large difference. Such differences can often be adjusted out in the monitor settings, or the graphics card settings (specifically for the 4K port as this port is driven directly from your Spectres graphics card).

Another factor is that the 4K port is able to accept monitor color profiles and custom color calibration, in addition it supports programs that change the monitor hue depending on the time of day which are quite popular now. All of these aforementioned settings do not effect the DisplayLink based 2K and DVI ports, they will always output a neutral video signal.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Hi Josh,
Would you be surprised if I told you that switching the HDMI ports used on the Plugable has no effect? The right monitor still has the yellow hue.

Hi David,

I suspect then that the monitors in-menu color settings are set differently between them, or there is a problem with one of the monitors itself or the HDMI cable. Or even perhaps a manufacturing difference between the two units.

Best,
Josh