Color/Brightness differences when using two of the same model Dell monitors

I am using two of the same model Dell screens yet each has a different color/brightness even when set to factory defaults. Do you know what might be causing the difference? Set up includes DVI to DVI and the other is HDMI to DVI.

Hi Kane,

Thanks for getting in contact with us, I’d be more than happy to assist you by answering your question regarding monitor color and contrast. We’ll just need some additional details.

First, what Plugable display products are you using?

Second, can you please describe the exact setup you are using? (e.g. Which devices connected where?)

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies

Thanks, Stephen.

Plugable SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Dual Monitor Docking Station

I have 2 Dell s2340mc monitors plugged in to the docking station. One is connected using a generic DVI cable - (docking station) to DVI (monitor) and the other is connected via a Auvio HDMI cable - (dock) to DVI (monitor).

Kane

Hi Kane,

Is it possible for you to try swapping the monitors around?

If the color/contrast follows the monitors, then it is likely just some different between the two monitors. If it does not, then it means the problem is either with the cabling or the UD-3900.

If the problem is not related to the monitor, do you have any other cables that you can try with the UD-3900?

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies