Chrome OS not working

Plugable USB2-MICRO-250X not working on chrome OS (have tried on an Asus Chromebook Flip, Toshiba chromebook 2, and Dell chromebook 13 and none of them work. the camera app in chrome OS just keeps going to the webcam despite plugging in the USB microscope and rebooting.

Thanks for contacting us!

It’s very much less-than obvious, but there’s a way to change the camera that Chrome will use. It’s under Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > Media > Camera

From this menu, select the microscope. It should be named something like “USB2.0 Camera”

Let me know if that helps!

ok will try this out at home and let you know. thank you!

Just wanted to touch base and see if this fixed your issue. If not, please get back to me here or through support@plugable.com

Thanks!

My chromebook camera settings are set to usb microscope through the route that you suggested but when I open the camera it still defaults to the webcam. Any ideas?

Thanks for asking! This may or may not be related to the above issue, Chrome camera behavior has changed significantly since this thread was opened. Could you contact us at support@plugable.com so we can investigate? Thanks!