Choppy Audio with UD-3000

I have a UD-3000 connected to a USB 3.0 port on my HP Envy 4-1130us laptop, and playing audio through speakers connected to the headphone jack at the front of the docking station. Quite often, the audio can be very choppy for about 3 or 4 seconds and then goes back to normal. I believe I have the most recent driver, so is there anything I can do to improve this?

Hi Allen,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the audio output of the dock isn’t working properly. I would be happy to help.

Based on your description there could be a driver issue or a hardware issue with the dock. The first step would be to clean the DisplayLink driver (which includes the audio driver component) from your system and re-install the latest to help rule out a software problem. Please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the dock from the computer and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.

2. Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step

3. Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:
    http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…

4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)

5. Now download and run the 7.7 M4 DisplayLink software, found here:
    http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…

6. Reboot, even if not prompted to

7. Once you’re back in Windows, reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your PC which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Hopefully that resolves the issue with the choppy audio. Let us know the results when you have time and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

That did it, at least so far. I was directed to download the 7.7 M2 software when I first made the purchase, so I guess my driver was outdated. Thanks!

Hi Allen,

Thanks for getting back and letting us know the driver re-install worked. Let us know if you need any help in the future!

Thanks,

Bob

Looks like I’m getting the same problem again. It was good for a while once I upgraded the driver, but the choppy audio is back now. Let me know what you think I should do.

Hi Allen,

Thanks for getting back. I’m sorry the choppy audio has returned. In order to determine if the issue is one of software or hardware the next step would be to get the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug If you would follow the instructions on that page to download and run the program and send the file it creates to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 98219’ in the subject line we can match everything up and continue on directly.

Thank you,

Bob

It’s actually not creating any file. I followed the directions, used both the new version and the legacy version, but no file gets created on my desktop and I couldn’t find it anywhere else on my machine.

Hi Allen,

Thanks for getting back. Very unusual that both the current version and older version of PlugDebug cannot run properly. As the program cannot run and the choppiness has come and gone, the next step would be to replace the dock to ensure the dock itself is working properly. Please send an email to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 98219’ in the subject line and your Amazon Order ID number for the dock purchase so we can match everything up and continue on directly.

Thank you,

Bob

Thanks, Bob. I figured out the TEMP folder that all the support files were being contained in, so I was able to grab them from there and send them on to support@plugable.com.