chipset and firmware question on 7 port hubs

someone recommended this product to use with my MacBook Pro while running Bernina software that requires a dongle to run. so far the dongles only work when plugged directly into the 1 of 2 computer USB ports. however sometimes i need 3-4 ports for 2 dongles (running 2 programs) and a mouse and a 4th one for transfer of design. they say it works with dongle plugged into it.

Plugable 7-Port Aluminum USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Hub with 20W Power Adapter (VIA VL812 Rev B2 Chipset with v9081 firmware. Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux support. Full USB 2.0 backwards compatibility.)

I find this one
7-port USB 3.0 self powered hub with robust 25W (5V, 5A) UL certified power adapter (US/UK/EU AC wall outlet plug options, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
Compatible with most Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X, Linux (kernels 3.0 and later), and Unix systems
Fully plug and play, no drivers required (individual devices / USB 3.0 host controller may require drivers), devices can be hot-plugged
Features two VIA VL812 Rev B2 hub chipsets with the latest v9095 firmware for maximum compatibility and performance with most USB 3.0 host controllers along with BC1.2 smart charging on ports 1 & 7. This firmware also allows the hub to be a stand-alone (not connected to host computer) smart USB charger (ports 1 & 7) able to select the best charging mechanism for the attached device.

so…is v9095 an update of v9081, or a completely different thing? i assume it is more powerful due to it being 25w instead of 20w. it also appears that it will charge devices where the first one will not. the big issue for me is WILL IT WORK with a DONGLE?

thank you
ccbp

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot say if these dongles for your Bernina software will work on our hubs as it is not something we’ve test.

For firmware, V9081 is about a year older than firmware V9095. For the best compatibility you would want to choose a hub with the latest firmware.

If the hub doesn’t work for your needs, Amazon has a 30 day return policy.

Best wishes.