Charging Phone/Tablet with attached USB2-OTGE100

I have a USB2-OTGE100 ethernet adapter. However, since most tablets/phones have only one micro USB port, I would not be able to charge my device if its attached, but I need to do this and have the ethernet adapter attached. We be greatful for any solutions? What about a USB hub? Or would this Y-cable work:
USB OTG cable. Another possible solution for me would also be a tablet/phone with two micro USB ports or an additional power supply.

Jws

Hi JW,

Thank you for posting the question here!

We are sorry but Plugable currently doesn’t have any product that can charge the tablet/phone while connecting other USB devices such as the USB2-OTGE100 adapter via a legacy micro USB port.

>> However, since most tablets/phones have only one micro USB port, I would not be able to charge my device if its attached,

This is a long time problem for many current tablet/smart-phone users. USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 standards themselves didn’t have any special functionality to charge the device. If the device supported USB PD (Power Delivery) standards, it’s a different story though, but most of tablets/phones may not support it but support the legacy standards such as Apple 1A, 2.4A, Samsung 2.4A and so on.

The new version USB 3.1 Gen 2 and the new USB Type-C (USB-C) interface is the solution.
If the tablets/phones/laptops has the USB-C port that supports USB 3.1 Gen 2, it should be transfer data and get charged at the same time, by connecting only one USB-C cable.

This related blog posts would be helping:
http://plugable.com/jp/usb-charging-p…

I hope the above helps! Please directly contact us at support@plugable.com if you have any further questions. Thanks again for asking!

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Technologies