Charging no longer working and Monitors keep shutting down

Yes, I am using the original Top-C cable and have never had any issues with the monitors shutting down until Sonoma came out for Mac. I have sent the debug logs to the support email. Please help!

I have the same issue where everything worked fine about two weeks ago. But ever since I returned from vacation today, my laptop was completely dead. I had to use my original laptop power cable to recharge the battery. After it booted back up and had enough of a charge, I plugged back in my Plugable UD-ULTC4K docking station and noticed that it was no longer charging my laptop and monitors kept shutting down. I also am using the original cable to connect to my Macbook Pro M1, 2020. I have macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and DisplayLink Manager 1.9.0. Thanks.

UPDATE: I was able to resolve my issue. I unplugged the power cord that runs into the Plugable docking station for about 30 seconds. After plugging it back in the laptop showed that it was charging again. Also, for the past hour, my monitors are no longer shutting down and coming back up. They’ve been staying on as expected. I did have a power outage in my neighborhood last week and that may have caused the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Plugable support and for all the information you gave us. I’m sorry to hear about this issue through your Plugable docking station, but I’d be happy to help.

The first steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and test for functionality

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.