Charging a VivoBook 15 with the UD-3900PDZ

I have the usb-c pig tail plugged into the USB-C port on the laptop, both monitors, Lan, Keyboard and Mouse (Bluetooth) all work. It does not charge the laptop, the icon in the tray does not show charging. … Should it? Is there a config setting I need to change on the laptop (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Most ASUS VivoBook notebooks do not support USB-C optional features like USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode ( required for this docking station’s “HDMi 1” output to function ) or USB-C Power Delivery ( require for powering or charging the computer over USB-C ).

I recommend we start by checking the ASUS system specifications for your specific computer to see if these are supported features. When you have a moment, please let me know the specific model of ASUS ViviBook 15, this can be found by performing the following:

1. Open the Start Menu and search for “msinfo32” and launch the first search result
  2. Please let me know the values from the following entries ( on the right column ):
    2a) “System Model”
    2b) “System SKU”
  3. Please feel free to attach a screenshot of this window to your reply email if you prefer by using the Windows Snipping Tool ( from the Start Menu search for “Snipping” ) and I can get the details from there

Thank you for these additional details, I look forward to your reply email and we can go from here.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com