Change display order - Plugable ThunderboltTM 3 Dual HDMI Adapter for Windows

Hi
product is Plugable ThunderboltTM 3 Dual HDMI Adapter for Windows on a Dell XPS 15 9560. Got two displays working as well as XPS display- All showing different things as I want (Abelton main display on one external monitor, devices running in Abelton (instruments) on another and also on XPS display. My question is - when I want to mouse from the Abelton display (on external monitor “1”) to App/instrument on external monitor “2” I have to mouse all the way across the laptop display until I hit the second external monitor. Can I set the order of the displays differently so the order runs something like external monitor 1 sitting next to external monitor two with the XPS display in a sense "off to the side"rather than sitting centrally. This is probably more of a Windows question but maybe someone else has asked about this.

Hi forget it. Problem solved. Settings->Display then drag the monitors around in the order I needed.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting, and thank you for the follow-up post letting us know you resolved the issue. You did a great job isolating the behavior.

For the benefit of any one else following this thread, the behavior Michael describes comes down to spatial orientation. Put another way, Windows will guess how external monitors are physically arranged but it may not always do so correctly and as a result the mouse pointer or application windows may not travel between monitors in a logical way.

If that occurs, it is a simple matter of making a small change in the Display Settings application within Windows and I made a short video that shows how to change these settings here -> https://youtu.be/kajujwoPsT8

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support