Card is not listed in Device Manager

I’ve installed the USB 3.0 PCI-E card and drivers properly but in the Windows 7 Device Manager it does not show the card listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and nothing that is connected to it works.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support, we’ll be happy to help. Can you say more about the make and model of computer you have the card installed in? Are the blue lights on? Are you using Windows 7 64bit or 32bit?

With this extra detail, I’ll have a better idea of our next troubleshooting step.

Thanks,
Jerome.

The computer is one that I built myself. It has an Asus PB5 Deluxe motherboard. I’m using Win 7 64-bit.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the additional information. I’ve had a look at the specs for your motherboard and it shows a PCI-Express 1X slot, can you verify that this is the slot you have your card plugged in to? Even though it might fit in some of the other slots, it will only work in the 1X. Also, check if the other face plate will help to get the card seated all the way. Ususally the card will at least show up in Device Manager, even if it’s failed or the drivers aren’t installed. I suspect it may be in a different slot, or possibly not seated all the way since, as you reported it’s invisible to Windows.

Let me know anything here helps.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Everything is properly connected, but it still does not show up or function.

Hi Kevin,

Are the lights on? I’m curious if the card is getting power at all. If you can reply back to support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and the serial number of the card you we’ll be able to figure out our next step.

Thanks,
Jerome.

There is power to the card. As another note, I am trying to utilize the USB 3.0 on my Seagate external hard drive. The hard drive has lights on it that only light up when it is plugged into a USB slot. It lights up when plugged into USB 2.0, then when I unplug the USB cord the lights go off. When I then take the USB cord and plug it into the new USB 3.0 slot, the lights turn on again. But my computer does not recognize the drive and the USB 3.0 card does not appear in the device manager.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the additional detail, can you reply back to Support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order Id? Once we get that information we’ll be able to determine how best to get you up and running.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies