Can't take the whole picture of coin

I bought the USB 2.- Digital Microscope to take pictures of coins and upload to my
computer. The problem I’m having is I can’t get the whole picture of a penny If I can’t get the whole penny, I won’t be to get a whole silver dollar in the pictuere. Any way I can make it work or do I need to buy something else?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post! I responded to your email about an hour after your message on Monday and just wanted to make sure you received my message. I have included the contents of that message below:

I’m sorry you are having difficulties taking pictures of your coins. I have some tips below to help with this.

We can get around the stand’s limitations by moving the microscope away from the object. Keep in mind that this device was designed for microscopic viewing (viewing tiny details not visible to the naked eye), and what you’re trying to do is use it as a macroscopic device (take a picture of a whole coin). A simple webcam may serve you better.

The microscope stand was designed with modularity in mind, all threads are 1/4"-20, which is the same as all camera mounts. This means that the microscope can be attached to nearly any tripod or camera mount out there, or modified to fit a custom mount. You can also try something like placing the suction cup on a piece of glass, such as a window, and placing your coin below that.

I encourage you to experiment and find out what works best for you. If you have further questions, please reply to our previous conversation or send a message to support@plugable.com with “Ticket #218739” in the subject line and we’d be happy to help!

Thank you,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Techonologies