cant pair device windows 7

I am trying to pair broadcom bluetooth 4.0 plugable but its not working. I have windows 7.0 and Im trying to pair BOSE soundlink bluetooth speaker.

I have disabled “Generic Bluetooth Radio” and installed Broadcom BCM20702 bluetooth 4.0 driver. The device (BOSE soundlink) shows in the windows 7.0 task bar (clicked on showed bluetooth devices) but BOSE reports no device detected when trying to pair.

I am using my BOSE speaker paired with my phone, works fine. Just cant get my PC paired using Broadcom bluetooth 4.0 plugable

Any suggestions to fix my problem?

Thank you,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting. I’m sorry about the difficulties pairing your Bluetooth device.

It could be that the speaker is automatically connecting to your phone when you trying to connect. Could you “unpair” or “forget” the speaker and turn off Bluetooth on your phone then try connecting to the speaker again?

If it doesn’t work, I’m concerned there may still be drivers hanging around from the previous adapter. Could you please run our diagnostic program and send the results directly to our support address?

To do this, please plug the adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email support@plugable.com and put “For Ticket #157903” in the subject line.

Of course it it turns out something is wrong with the adapter, we will get a replacement out to you right away.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

I’m going to close this thread. The issue was resolved by appropriate driver software. If there are any further questions, please contact us at support@plugable.com. Thanks!