Can't get sound or dual display to work

Hi, I just set up this product with my HP Spectre. I’m having two issues:

1. I connected an “Elegant” USB sound bar but can’t get it to work. I went to settings/system/sound and selected plugable audio as the speakers. But when I do the sound test, nothing happens. No sound. I went into settings/system/sound and selected the Plugable as the source of the speakers, did a test etc, rebooted the computer, etc, but no luck.

2. I have an LCD monitor with a VGA connector that is hooked up via a Moread VGA to DVI adapter and even though I went to settings/system/display and set it up to have the larger display on the left, it acts like it’s on the right. When I set it up to be on the right, it still acts like it is on the right.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

Hi Susan,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected, and I am happy to help!

For the sound bar:
According to the Elegant Sound Bar product page the 3.5mm audio cables should be connected to the docking station before the USB cable is connected for power. Please try disconnecting the sound bar’s USB cable, double checking the sound settings, then reconnecting the USB power cable.

Additionally, is it possible to test the docking station’s audio output with headphones or another speaker to verify this is not a faulty sound bar?

Windows handles the display arrangement and resolution, we have a series of videos on Youtube showing how to setup and configure multiple monitors that may help to get this working correctly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jDgITDfZAs&list=PLmKV1bysy-PHbQ-J9rytO2n-Z87tIfMbb

Please let me know if this helps to get the sound bar working and the monitor arranged correctly, if not we can go from here.

Thank you,

Pat
support@plugable.com

Hello Susan,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies