Can't get my mic to work

My aim is to get sound out from from the laptop to my amp via headphones socket and AUX port. My audio port was a bit knackered and only played one speaker. Anyhow, using plugable USB device - it works great, so I can play my laptop via the amp - which sounds ace. However, I want to be able to use the Mic 9either on the usb or the mic port) - so I can connect to Youtube for family Karaoke, but the mic will not work at all and it doesn’t work in the USB device - help!

Hello Darren,

Thanks for reaching out on our forums and I apologize for the issue you’re experiencing with the Plugable USB Audio Adapter! Would you be able to tell me the model of microphone you’re using? We’ll want to ensure the mic doesn’t require phantom power or a utilize a TRRS jack (3 black bands on the jack), as these types of microphones would not work with the adapter. The adapter needs a microphone with a TRS jack (2 black bands on the jack), and we might be able to use an adapter (something like this for example: https://www.amazon.com/B00L6C8PNU) if the microphone doesn’t require phantom power.

Once I know the microphone model, I can take a look to see if I can find info regarding the jack and if it requires phantom power. Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you on this issue!

Regards,

Patrick

Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Darren regarding the issue on this thread, but we have not received a response back. If Darren or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support