Can't get monitor to connect using DVI to HDMI adapter

I just bought a UD-3900z and am having trouble connecting a Dell monitor using a DVI to HDMI adapter (Apple OEM). I have installed the DisplayLink driver and followed the instructions. I have tried connecting to a Macbook Air M1 model via USB-C as well as an older Macbook Pro via USB 3.0 and neither one worked.

I can connect the monitor directly to the Macbook Pro via the HDMI port, so the problem is not with the cable or adapter.

I’ve tried both the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 ports on the Plugable device with no change.

Any other ideas for what to try?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us! We see that you’ve already contacted us at support@plugable.com with some additional information. We’ll continue to assist over and email and will update this post as we learn more.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help!

Aga
Plugable Technologies

UPDATE: Solved.

The DisplayLink Manager app does not open and work on its own and has to be manually started and then set to launch at login. Please check if the app is running on your end - if the app is running it should be visible in your task bar (please see the screenshot below). If the app is not running, please follow the steps in this article, starting at ‘How to use DisplayLink Manager?’ → https://kb.plugable.com/questions/799275

Screenshot 1

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.