Cant' get a display

Everything works fine on my pluggable device EXCEPT the display! Managed to get a display on my HP w2207h monitor, but without icons - I simply want to replicate what is on my laptop screen. Laptop is a Samsung N700 series, 64bit with and Intel i5 processor running Windows 7 Home Premuim. I’ve got the latest drivers installed, and usb/ethernet works fine - but no display. Monotor says ‘No signal input,’ with either vga or hdmi. The small leaflet in the box mentions an icon on the task bar which appeared once!! I didn’t use the supplied cd to install software, but went onto your site to download the latest drivers. Any help much appreciated. Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting here! If you are getting a display on the HP monitor without the icons, then it means that the monitor is in ‘Extend’ mode.

What this means is that Windows considers the additional monitor as extra space to render the display. If you want to display any windows on the external monitor, you would have to drag the window from your laptop to the extended monitor with your mouse.

Here is a link to another post which also has a video showing display behavior in ‘Extend’ mode: http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

If you want to see the same display as on your laptop monitor, we have to configure the additional monitor to be on ‘Duplicate’ mode. There are multiple ways to do that, but the easiest way is to do the following :

Press the Windows logo key + P on your keyboard. A window pops up with 4 options - Computer only, Duplicate, Extend, Projector only. If you select Duplicate, then you should see the same image as that of your laptop, icons and all on the monitor connected through the Docking Station.

Please give it a try and let us know if you are able to set the external monitor in ‘Duplicate’ mode and if the display is the way you wanted it to be.

Regards,
Roze

Many thanks Roze, your advice has worked! I now have my laptop screen duplicated on my monitor - great. I’m impressed by the whole device, speed is great and the ability to access all my peripherals through one usb plug is really useful.

Thanks for the prompt response!!

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to know that everything is working just the way you want it to.

If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze