Can't Establish Connection on both Computers

I just bought a plugable transfer cable device, Amazon Order# 112-3568871-7993848, to transfer data from my old PC to the new one. Using the CD that came with the device, I installed the software in the old PC. From the web site, I installed the software in the new PC as it doesn’t have CD drive. The Product Key was used in both cases. Rebooted the two PCs and opened the app on both. When I plugged the cable on both PCs I didn’t see any light on the cable as it should. The connection screen stuck at “Waiting for Connection…” on both PCs. What am I not doing right? Please advise.

Sunny

Hello, Sunny!
I’m Brian, a product owner here at Plugable and I will be more than happy to help you! Your case number is 408557.

It may be possible that there may be an out-of-date version of Easy Computer Sync on one of your desktops. Let’s try uninstalling the software on both computers and installing the latest version of Easy Computer Sync and I will leave a link to that download page down below.

Easy Computer Sync

Feel free to check out our guide on how to update the Easy Computer Sync software

Updating the Easy Computer Sync Software

If you still see the ‘Waiting for Connection’ message, we have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the Easy Transfer into your computers, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

If you could do this for both of your computers it would be much appreciated Email the logs to support@plugable.com and put “Ticket #408557” in the subject.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.