Cannot pair windows 7 bluetooth to headset

Running Windows 7. I Installed the drivers off the CD. I plugged in the 4.0 USB Device and got a blue light and a message that the drivers were good. Device Manager shows under Bluetooth Radios the expected 2 entries. Update Driver tells me I’m up-to-date. In Bluetooth Settings I checked both “Allow Bluetooth devices to …” boxes.

I pressed and held the button on the headset to initiate pairing; it duly blinks. I set it on top of the computer, so range should not be an issue. I checked Bluetooth Devices under the Control Panel and nothing’s there. If I click Add a Device, the headset still does not show up.

Now what?

Hello Richard,

I’m sorry to hear that there are problems getting your headset connected via Bluetooth with the Plugable Bluetooth adapter in Windows 7. I would like to help.

Could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what the problem could be.

To do this, please have the adapter plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once you get the file, please send it, and information regarding the manufacturer and model of your Bluetooth headset, to support@plugable.com and use the subject line " For Ticket #170431".

I look forward to your e-mail and assisting you further.