Cannot get the UGA-2K-A to function.


#1

I searched your forum but could not find the same issue posted, so I am hoping (based on my description)you have seen this issue before and can provide a fix.

I have the UGA-2K-A w/the Displaylink DL-195 chip. It works on my previous system, but not on the new one. The new system is as follows:
HP Pavilion P7-1410
Windows 8
i3-2130 @3.4GHz
8gb Ram
Geforce 9800GT w/1GB VRAM(Driver Date 1-18-13)

The current behavior is that the device will not display anything. The system sees the device and it appears to be installed correctly. However, the device will not always recognize the connected display. Sometimes it will say ‘No Monitor Connected’, other times it will correctly identify the Flat Screen. Even when it does, when I click on ‘Identify’ in Windows Display Properties, nothing is displayed on the screen.

It does seem to be a system specific issue, because the device does work on other Windows 8 computers and I have tested other DisplayLink adapters on this computer and get the same results. I’m just hoping that I am not the first with the issue and you have an answer. Even if it is “Sorry, there is no fix”.

I have tested the device by installing the first Windows 8 compatible driver and then updating it to the latest. However, when I tried to install the April 3rd driver, it said the driver was already up to date. So I uninstalled the current driver and reinstalled the April driver manually.

Please let me know if you need any further details.


#2

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your question here, we’d be glad to help! It would be very helpful if you could capture and send us the DisplayLink log file, it gives us detailed information on how your system is setup and helps us narrow down the problem. Step by step instructions on how to collect this log file can be found here:
http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

Please send the zip file along with your Amazon order ID to support@plugable.com, with a link to this thread and we’ll take a look!

Thanks,
Ellen


#3

Since this is a Church computer, I am only in front of it once a week. I should be able to provide the log next Monday, but I don’t have access to the churches purchase records. How vital is this information and I will see if I can get it before I reply.


#4

Hi John,

We need to have the order ID to look up the transaction history, but the log file is more essential.

Thanks,
Ellen


#5

Thanks. I will submit what I can find.


#6

The email containing the support logs has been sent. Unfortunately, the Amazon receipt was not available. The adapter was purchased and donated by a member of the church who no longer attends. I hope this does not pose a problem.

Thanks for looking into the issue.


#7

Just an update,

After trying a new video card, installing a new USB card and a whole lot of uninstalling and reinstalling. The issue was resolved by installing the June 2013 driver from DisplayLink

Thanks Ellen for all the help.


#8