Cannot extend laptop display onto monitor, can only mirror display.

I have an HP Spectre laptop, a HP 27vx monitor, and UD-3900 docking station. When I connect the monitor to the docking station via the DVI port, the laptop screen mirrors onto the monitor but I cannot get the laptop to extend onto the monitor. When I go into the computer setting to select “extend” the computer does not detect the monitor (even though the laptop is already mirroring onto the monitor). I verified that the most updated displaylink driver is downloaded. How can I get my laptop screen to extend to the monitor?

Hello B, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior with our dock and I will be happy to help.

Thanks for the description of the issue and steps taken to troubleshoot already. Since you have already ensured the most recent DisplayLink drivers are installed, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening while the display settings are set to Extended mode. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected and running in Extended mode (even though the external screen is not displaying). Please send us the file that is created on your Desktop to our direct support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 184337’ in the subject line. We’ll match everything up and determine next steps from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support