Can you use Plugable USB Type-C Gigabit ethernet adapter to test internet speed?

Hi all

In my house I have numerous CAT6/ethernet cables in each room, all connected to a centralised router (plus 2 network switches). I’d like to test the speed in each cable by connecting the Ethernet cable to this adapter from one end, and my OnePlus 6T to this adapter on the other end, and then running speedtest.net.

Would what I have in mind work with this product? My internet speed is 250mbps so I am not concerned about speed limitations because of the product itself.

Thank you!

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Glad to see you are interested in Plugable. Unfortunately, we have not seen compatibility between One Plus devices and our adapters, and do not recommend them for this situation.

I would suggest to reach out to the manufacturer directly to see if they can recommend an adapter that will work with your phone. I do apologize for any inconvenience in this. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.