can not install driver

i just purchased a blue-tooth adapter 4.0 USB and i can not install the driver in windows 7 64 bit the PC see the adapter but won’t let me install driver BCM20702A

Hi dylan,

Thanks for posting your question here about installing the drivers for our Bluetooth adapter on Windows 7, I’ll be happy to help.

To troubleshoot I’ll need a bit more detail about the error you see when installing the drivers. Also, can you say what error code (if any) is listed for the device in device manager?

Also, what is the make and model of your comptuer? Does it have any other Bluetooth adapters either built-in or external?

Let me know these additional details and we’ll figure out the next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

Hi Jerome

Thanks for getting back to me

i have two codes one being code 28 and the other 80070002

this is a self build I have a OS windows 7
7.i Motherboard 4gb RAM Bios system is up to date

I have no other Bluetooth adapters either internal and internal

I also have tried using your both you and Broadcom site to install driver

your help would really be appreciated

Kind Regards
Dylan

HI Dylan,

Thanks for letting me know these details, here’s a couple more questions.

1. Is the blue light on the adapter illuminated?

2. Have you tried to run the install with the bluetooth adapter plugged into another port?

3. Does the installer finish or does it fail before completing?

4. Is the Bluetooth support service running? To find out hit the Win + R hot key and then type services.msc – look for the Bluetooth support services entry and make sure it’s started. If it’s not running try starting it and running the installer again.

Also, make sure that you have the adapter connected when running the installer.

Let me know what you find and we’ll figure out the next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

Hi Jerome

1. The blue light is on
  2. When plugging in the adapter the PC recognizes it and on the devises. it shows with the yellow triangle exclamation mark
  3. the installer finish and does not fail
    when using the trouble shoot it comes up with you need to install when attempting it unable to install driver
    4.blue tooth support is running
  4. tired to re install still no success it state install was a sucess

adapter was connected

Adapter did not cost much so coming to the conclusion to give up.

Kind Regards
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Please send an email over to us at support@plugable.com with your Amazon order id and a link to this thread and we’ll get you fixed up.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

Thanks Dylan!