Can not get UGK-2K-A to work with Windows 8.1

So my adapter works fine on my other Windows 7 dell desktop, but I can not get it to work with 8.1 Dell desktop. I have tried using the cleaner tool to remove 7.6 driver and have manually uninstalled the driver multiple times and then installed the 7.7 driver but when I plug in the USB to the PC, the 7.6 driver comes back.

When I do install the 7.7 driver, there is nothing to indicate that it installed successfully. When I plug in the USB, the PC seems to auto-download 7.6 from ???

The PC is obviously recognizing the adapter when I plug it in, but I never get a grren light on the adapter itself.

This really is frustrating!

Also, I have read the displaylink and plugable sites. No help.

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for getting in contact with us. I’d be more than happy to help you with your Plugable UGA-2K-A. In order to better assist you, I’ll need a bit of additional information.

Could you please provide the logs produced by our tool Plugdebug, you can find it here and then send them to me at support@plugable.com.

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once we have those logs, we’ll start trying to figure out what exactly is going on with your setup.

Regards,

Stephen
Plugable Technologies