Can I share ud-3500 docking station between 2 laptops?

Hello,

Can I have my ud-3500 connected to monitors and use it interchangeably with two laptops (one Windows 7 and another Windows 10)?

Are all setting/configurations stored on computers and not on the station itself?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Eugene

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to provide additional information regarding our docking stations.

To clarify, are you referring to our UD-3900 dock? Assuming this is the case, you can certainly use it with multiple laptops one at a time. You can connect it to one laptop, and when you want to switch to the other, you can simply unplug it from the first laptop and connect it to the second one.

Yes, all settings and configurations, such as display preferences, are stored on the computers, not on the docking station itself. This means that each computer you connect to the UD-3900 can have its own settings, and those should be remembered by each respective computer when you switch between them.

Keep in mind that both laptops will need to have the necessary drivers installed to use the UD-3900. For Windows 7 and Windows 10, you can download the latest drivers from our website (see ā†’ https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900#nav-get-started )

Hopefully this information was helpful, but please feel free to reach out if you have any follow-up questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

1 Like

Hello Ryoma,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Yes, my question was about ud-3900 (USB 3.0 Docking Station).

My Windows 7 (DELL Latitude E6530) setup has been working for couple years, but Iā€™m yet to connect my Windows 10 laptop (DELL Latitude 5520).

On the new laptop I need to connect to USB-C port. I bought Plugable USB C to USB Adapter Cable Model # USBC-AF3. Did I get the right one?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for the update, and no problem at all!

Yes, our USBC-AF3 was the correct adapter to use with our UD-3900 to connect the dock to a USB-C port.

Hopefully everything is running smoothly, but if you have any other follow-up questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.