Can I get a Dell Precision M4800 display 4 monitors individually using the usb 3.0 to 4k HDMI adapter?

I am trying to set up a Dell precision M4800 laptop to display to 4 individual tvs using HDMI cables. What i need to get this done using the plugable stuff?

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for posting the question here! I’d be happy to assist.
(the same information has been sent to you directly via our support email.)

You can use our USB graphics adapters to connect external HDMI monitors. Basically one USB graphics adapter per monitor is needed. If the PC doesn’t have enough number of USB 3.0 ports available, he can also use a USB 3.0 hub.

We have two USB graphics adapters that support HDMI connection:
A. Plugable USB 3.0 HDMI/DVI/VGA Adapter (UGA-3000)
http://plugable.com/products/uga-3000
B. Plugable USB 3.0 4K HDMI Adapter (UGA-4KHDMI)
http://plugable.com/products/uga-4khdmi

The differences between A and B above are:

1. Maximum screen resolution: UGA-UGA is up to 2048×1152 while UGA-4KHDMI is up to 3840×2160 (4K).
  2. Native connector: UGA-3000 has a DVI port and comes with a DVI-to-HDMI port adapter, while UGA-4KHDMI has a HDMI port.
  3. Audio Support: UGA-4KHDMI can carry audio with the same HDMI cable. (UGA-3000 cannot, since it’s not sending audio signals through the DVI port.)
  4. Price

You can mix-and-match the two products above: for example, you can use 2 x UGA-3000 and 1 x UGA-4KHDMI adapters with his PC.

Please remember that the max screen resolution size is also limited by the HDMI monitor’s specification. For example if the monitor only supports up to 1920 x 1080, using a UGA-4KHDMI is also limited by that, then using UGA-4KHDMI wouldn’t make sense. UGA-3000 would be a better choice in terms of the cost.

Please also note that the more number of monitors, and the higher the screen resolutions, the more system resources are required. If he added very high resolution monitors to his current setup, he could notice the display lags or slowness than before. In that case the solution would be lower the screen resolution(s).

If you also needed a USB 3.0 port hub, I’d recommend this:

I hope this helps! Please send email replying back to our support if you needed any additional information. Thanks again for contacting us!

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Support